First,let me wish all teachers Happy Teachers Day[Hari Guru],cikgu!
Now, let me recollect a few of my teachers who had made significant contributions to my education:
1. My mother and my father.
2. My standard one teacher,the late Cikgu Ismail who taught me a,b,c and alif ,ba,ta..
3. My standard six teacher Cikgu Zakaria who worked after school hours to make me pass the exam to be selected to a boarding school.
4. My form remove teacher the late Mr Weller who taught me basic English grammar.
5. The HM of SDAR the late Cikgu Amat Mion who taught me to aim high in life.
6. My math teacher Mr Pandian who challenged me to score distinction in my additional maths.
7. My BM teacher Cikgu Fatimah Embong who told me it is better to be an engineer than a teacher.
8. The late Prof Rawlings of Sheffield University who told us not to believe everything what was going to be taught at the university.
9. Prof Burgess who taught me to do intellectual somersault.
10.Tan Sri Dato Ir Omar Ibrahim who taught me about professional integrity.
11.Dato Seri Prof Dr Ir Wahid Omar who taught me about being true to knowledge and the fear of Allah.
12.Dr Yeoh who taught me about contract laws.
13.My partner who taught me not to completely trust others when it comes to money.
14.Ustaz kamaruddin who patiently taught me tajweed when I was 49 years old.
15.Prof Syed Naguib al-Attas who taught me the philosophy of religion and Islamic world-views.
16. Last but not all, again I will list here my mother for the character building and my late father for his teaching about 'aqidah.And to my wife and kids to enable me to be a good husband and a good father.
I also would like to thank everyone that have taught me one way or another and I humbly thank Allah swt for His Guidance.
Selamat Hari Guru.