Ramadhan Review #1
I am writing to remind myself and my fellow muslims/muslimahs that it is good for us to review what we have done,what we have not done and what we could have done for the last seven days of Ramadhan. Before we go to sleep to-night,just take a few minutes to review our performance in meeting the goal/objectives of fasting in the month of Ramadhan al-Mubarak.
Here is a sample of checklist for the last seven days:
1. How many did we do or miss the sunat prayers like terawih, tahjud and dhuha?
2. How many surah have we finished reciting the Holy Qur'an?
3. How often have we been zikir/istighfar everyday?
4. How much money and time have donated and given to those in need?
5. And how much knowledge we have gained etc?
After the review, then plan again for the next seven days.InsyaAllah, we all could do better if we try harder.And the reward is taqwa from Allah the Most Exalted. Firman Allah:" Orang yang paling mulia disisi Allah ialah orang yang paling bertaqwa".
Allah swt promised al-Barakah for the first third of Ramadhan. Do we deserve to get it if we did not do what is expected of us?